Have you recently purchased a new carpet or floor from our company? If so, there are a few floor cleaning tips that you should practice to ensure your new floor continues to look great for many years to come. Even if you have easy-care flooring, there are proper techniques that make a difference when it comes to caring for new flooring. Keep our tips and techniques in mind, and you’ll find that your floors will remain in great shape.
Your new floor is sure to bring you much satisfaction in the years to come, but only if you are able to keep it in great shape. That doesn’t have to be a challenge, however, thanks to our routine maintenance tips. By regularly working with a professional carpet or floor cleaning company you’ll be able to refresh the texture and rejuvenate the fibers in your carpet.
Biannual cleanings not only help remove the soil caused by regular wear and tear and heavy foot traffic, but they also can remove stains and spills that have occurred over time. Some other floor cleaning tips to be aware of include:
• Vacuum your carpet and floor regularly to keep them looking fresh, new, and beautiful.
• Rearrange your furniture periodically to redistribute the load your floor bears.
• Obtain heavy duty cleaning services from a professional cleaning company.
• Damp mop your hardwood floors with the manufacturer’s approved products.
• Clean floor tiles with damp cloths or sponges.
• Wipe laminates with a slightly damp cloth or mop using the manufacturer’s recommended products.
• Occasionally damp mop vinyl flooring to remove dirt buildup.
It doesn’t matter whether you have a brand-new carpet or hard surface floor, there are a number of floor cleaning tips you should keep in mind to ensure your new floor’s longevity. With just a few easy precautions, you will be able to enjoy the beautiful look of your new floor for as long as you own your home. The following are helpful tips on caring for your new flooring, to ensure your floors remain as attractive as the day you installed them:
• Keep doormats at every door to prevent dirt, sand, grit, and other substances from being tracked onto your floor.
• Take special precautions with heavy objects to avoid scratching and denting.
• Close your curtains or blinds where extreme sunlight hits the floor, to avoid fading and discoloration.
• Routinely clean your floor to remove dirt, grime, and muck buildup.
• Blot spills and spots immediately to prevent staining
Contact us to learn more floor cleaning tips for both regular and easy-care flooring. Ask about our up to 60 months of flexible financing. Our team is proud to assist our customers living throughout the communities of Stroudsburg and the Poconos in Pennsylvania as well as the Slate Belt, Northampton County, Nazareth, Easton, Bethlehem, and Blairstown in New Jersey.